Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset

South African Sunrise..
One of my favorite Fiddler on the Roof songs is
Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset
Swiftly go the years.

This time in South Africa has gone swiftly.  Four months filled with adventures still comes to an end before you are prepared.  Jim and I leave tomorrow morning at 4:30 a.m.  While we look forward to home, we will miss our new friends and the country of South Africa.

South African Sunset
We will especially miss the amazing views of the sun rising over the Indian Ocean each morning.  Since Jim and I live in a wooded area, seeing the sun rise has been a treat.  The earth's turning is so obvious here.  The sunrise has moved at least 30 degrees during the time we have been here.

To commemorate our love of the sunrises, Jim and I went to the beach to watch the sun rise on the second to last day of PE.  Our picture doesn't do it justice. 

Sunrise, sunset.  This is the last post I will write until I get home, and write about our next ten days at Victoria Falls and Botswana.

Thank you, South Africa!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Connie and Jim. Lovely to see our world through your lens. Hoping that Vic Falls holds you, and showers you, in its blessing water.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I am filled with your stories and will Uss them until I can hear more details in July. (if your not busy of course).

    ReplyDelete