Saturday, March 3, 2012

My 15th Birthday

As most of you know, I was born on February 29th - and turned 15 this year!  I had a memorable birthday.  I started the day with a walk along the Indian Ocean with Jim.  I ended the day with a SURPRISE birthday party with all of our students, and other dear friends we have met in PE.   Surprise parties are my favorite kind - and I didn't have a clue!  In between I went to class - South African Literature.  What an incredible start to my 60th year...

A happy 15, going on 60-year old!
One coincidental aspect to my birthday.  Jim and I have eaten several times at a nearby restaurant called the Mediterranean.   When Jim was trying to arrange a place for a surprise dinner for me, he went to see the owner (with whom we've talked before).  Jim said to him, "I'd like to arrange for a party here Wednesday for my wife's birthday.  She's turning 15.  Will you be here?"  Without blinking an eye, the owner said, "No, I'll be home celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday."

His daughter ended up coming into the restaurant to meet me, so here are the two of us -
Two Leap-Day Babies
were in on the surprise...
All thirty students


Actually 31 -- Chethana, too!

Thank you,  Jim!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Connie! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for an account of your birthday! I knew there would be something wonderful happening over there. Many, many More!!

    ReplyDelete