Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Maitland River Dunes

A spot along the drive...
One quick day trip we took with Mark and Beth was driving along the southern edge of Port Elizabeth, out past Seaview and on to the Maitland River mouth.  This is the closest I've ever been to what it must be like to be in the Saharan Desert.  Here a set of sand dunes piles up toward the sky.

Of course, Jim had to head to the top of the tallest one.  Luckily, Mark, Beth, and Shaz - who took the trip with us - also like heading up.  While I stayed below and walked along an endless beach, up, up they climbed.  As Jim said, "He didn't walk to the end of the earth, but he could see it from there."

I think these pictures will show much more than I can write.  Enjoy!
Jim takes the lead, with Beth and Shaz
Mark and Beth
I'm king of the mountain!
I'm queen of the beach!

2 comments:

  1. a good spot to sand board.PETER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Does the rate of updates of your domain depend on specific issues or you compose articles when you have a special mood or you create when you have time? Can't wait to see your answer.

    ReplyDelete